Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Explanations

First post. (Mostly because I'm procrastinating on homework, as usual)

The title of my blog may seem a little self-centered, and I'm a little sorry for that. I'm not trying to say that the world revolves around me. And I hope that even my life doesn't revolve around me, because that gets miserable fast. But, God loves me. And that's something that I too often take for granted as an inherent part of my life. Or I keep at an arm's length ("Yes, God loves everyone"). So, I'm posting it as my title and the name of my blog. At the very least to remind myself of the truth. And I hope that any readers out there can adapt it accordingly for themselves (in other words, substitute your own name).

Besides being an excellent reminder, the title expressed the most about my life. My entire life story shows how God loves me. And I hope that my actions and experiences will continue to reflect His love.

OK, I'm starting to get a bit too analytic/preachy, so I'll try to wrap this up with a brief explanation of the background image. This picture is from my first trip to Peru, when we had a morning of rest. I went on a walk to try to have an extended quiet time with God. I found an unfinished guard tower at the edge of our complex, and there I enjoyed some solitude. My favorite part was singing worship songs, some in Spanish, some in English. I can only wonder what people walking by outside thought as they heard this singing... Regardless:




It was a beautiful time spent with God, remembering His love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment