Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Breakfast time!

Even now, whenever I type "breakfast time," my mind immediately jumps back to the high school houseboat trips, where one enthusiastic young guy leader would wake us all up by yelling "BREAKFAAAST TIIIIIME!!!" while ringing the bell as loudly as possible.  If one of the houseboats wasn't rousing, he'd run over, open the door, and yell it directly into the sleeping cabin.  Good memories.  But I digress.

 This morning, I had a delicious yet simple breakfast:

It took a bit more mental energy to think of something beyond just a bowl with cereal, and a bit of extra time to cut the banana and pour a glass of water.  But the breakfast was delightful.  I enjoyed every bite.  I think taking joy in the little, simple things helps me to appreciate God more.  Maybe because I'm actually living in the moment instead of rushing through everything.  

I also changed up my routine by not eating breakfast in front of my computer where I usually sit, addicted to Facebook.  Instead, I decided to try a more serene approach.  And why use a table when you could have a view like this?



I will miss this view...


I hope this appreciation for simplicity is something I can take with me to Santa Cruz.  At least I already know for sure that they appreciate nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment