Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Glimpses of Glory

I've been catching glimpses of glory: God reminding me that He is here in Santa Cruz too.  On Monday, while I sat in my favorite study spot, I noticed one thin long strand of spider web, so delicate yet somehow strong.  And it only appeared when a breath of wind gently drew it into the light.  This still image can't do it justice, but it at least helps to show the beauty of this strand that seemingly appears out of nowhere:

I also was blessed with a quality cup of hot cocoa: 
I mean, seriously, how often does hot cocoa look like that?  If you know me, you know how much I value good food :-)


Tuesday brought on an intense day of Boot Camp review sessions (~5.5 hours of physics lectures).  But even in the brain-melting-ness of it, I was excited to be back in the classroom!  I do like school.  The professors were also very encouraging.

I wasn't ready to hit the books again after such an intense day, so my roommate & I went to West Cliff and enjoyed walking along the coast.  This was my favorite view (below).  The waves receded with crazy textures and patterns, and the sun literally made it shimmer and glow.

Spectacular, isn't it?  As if that wasn't enough, my roommate volunteered to cook food (in addition to the Jamba Juice we already enjoyed).  Homemade garlic mashed potatoes, stirfry veggies, and garlic bread.  We both left with awesome garlic breath and happily-full tummies:

Finally, the support I've been getting from friends and family has been amazing.  I so appreciate all your prayers and encouragement as I prepare for my quals (round 1) and adjust to grad school.  You guys also help to remind me of God's love; thank you!
With so many glimpses of awesome and so much encouragement, I'm well on the road to success!  Now I just gotta keep studying...
(while still keeping my eyes peeled for more greatness!)

No comments:

Post a Comment