Saturday, September 24, 2011

It's catching on...

Today I played tennis with another roommate, Yadi, which was great.  I still am far from consistent, but it's nice that I've started developing the callouses and muscles I need to play.  I'm glad she suggested it.

On our walk back, we took a quiet path near the library.  Two girls walked by, each carrying a plate of what looked like delicious treats, and within reach!  I was tempted to nick one as they passed but resisted the urge.  Yadi, however, joked, "Just for me?  Oh, thanks!" (though she kept walking, not expecting anything of her offhand remark).  The two girls, however, stopped and offered us some!  I happily took the offered treat, which turned out to be even better than it looked––it was like a rice crispy treat but extra crunchy and with chocolate and peanut butter.

As we licked out fingers and relished the deliciousness, Yadi commented, "Man, God must love us!"

I couldn't agree more :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment