Thursday, September 15, 2011

"The trade we all forgot to make"

Take a few minutes to check out this writing; it's worth your time:

http://www.jonacuff.com/stuffchristianslike/2011/09/the-trade-we-all-forget-to-make/

Out of the five qualifying exams I've had this week, I would love to pass two.  I am about to go face one of those two.  I have been studying for this test throughout the summer and constantly the past two weeks.

I don’t know if I’m prepared enough to pass.

But I’m trading in my plans for quals, and I'm going to try to leave it in God's hands.  If He brought me here, He can carry me through, even if I fail every qual this time around.  Even if I fail every attempt at quals and am out of grad school.  The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.

I'll give up my carefully thought-out plans.  He's a much better thinker than even me; He can figure it out.

And besides, I'd rather have a party!

No comments:

Post a Comment