Sunday, September 4, 2011

Watch for God

^That's what the VBS bracelets say.  I got one because one girl in my awesome crew didn't want hers (it was too big).  So now I still wear it, as a reminder.

It's easier to watch for God here, in the redwoods.  Surrounded by gorgeous trees and fresh air, it's hard not to thank God for the beauty of it all.  The gray mornings give way to beautiful blue skies and sunshine.  And it's all visible from my room:


But in addition to the beauty of my surroundings, it's easier to watch for God because I need Him more.  Because it's a new place, because I don't know many people yet, because I have scary tests and classes approaching.

I also have more space in my life, with all the quiet around me.

The quiet and space leaves much more room for God.  We'll see how that one changes as the undergrads arrive and things pick up pace.  Hopefully I can keep my sanity by keeping Number One, number 1. 
This is, and certainly will continue to be, an interesting time.  I'm trying to adopt this song as a theme song of sorts:

If you're interested, I also found a sign language interpretation of the song (beautiful, but poor audio quality): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKdfe9xJq5E
Annnd I heard the story behind the song on the radio Thursday on the way to moving in: http://www.klove.com/blog/post/2011/05/09/The-story-behind-Strong-Enough-from-Matthew-West.aspx

It's cool how this season of my life is drawing me closer to God.  I find myself wanting to read His word, pray, and connect with Him... because I know that'll get me through.  It reminds me that God loves me.  I just gotta keep watching for Him.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the inspiration Leila. I will be watching for God in the moment too! Love in Him, Casey

    ReplyDelete