Thursday, September 29, 2011

And so it begins...

I'm officially a TA!  It's very strange to introduce myself as Ms. Jewell... I feel like I am referring to my Mom!  It's also funny because every time I read a class roster, I apologize in advance for if I mess up students' names, since I've been through it a lot myself... and I can see the puzzled faces wondering, "Why would 'Jewell' be hard to pronounce?" Ha!  Anyway, for at least the first few labs, I've been trying to dress the part so they know who's in charge :-)

And then there's the classes I'm actually taking...  Classical Mechanics is very nice, with clear, logical lectures that closely follow the book.  E&M, however, is brain-melting.  The professor is brilliant, but unfortunately his mouth is almost able to keep up with his brain, so he talks about a mile a minute.  That, on top of the fact that the textbook (by Jackson) is infamous among all grad students/programs as being ridiculously hard, makes the class rather difficult.  So I'd appreciate prayers to pass/survive e&m... it makes my brain hurt.

Last weekend (before we got any homework assigned), I was tired of sitting on Facebook, so I decided to color!  The end result makes our front door much more happy in appearance, and I'm rather pleased with the creative license I took in coloring: (sorry the picture was taken at night with my camera phone)

Finally, this coming weekend looks awesome!  I'm headed on a camping retreat with the school's Grad Christian Fellowship group!  Fun times.  Annd Nicole's coming into town!  So that will make Sunday (and Monday!) most excellent.  I'm grateful to still have these good things in everything else going on... Praise God!

1 comment: