Monday, September 19, 2011

His energy

Scripture memorization in 1996: The way to be the coolest kid in Sunday school, besides 
                                                       winning verse-lookup races.
Scripture memorization in 2011: A new goal to remind me of the truth.

I like this verse below because it reminds me that though I am working hard, it isn't my strength that will do the job, like my grad school theme song describes.  So hopefully (with His energy) I can absorb both the words of this verse and the truth in them.  Colossians 1:29:

"To this end I labor, 
struggling with all His energy, 
which so powerfully works in me."

2 comments:

  1. I hated verse-lookup races. Still do actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayme & I raced each other on them. We were both pretty awesome at it, though I've gotten a rather rusty...

    ReplyDelete